Animal husbandry is an area that requires specific air-conditioning solutions.
Aside from the structural varieties of the facilities, linked to the particular type of animal breeding, livestock breeders also have special needs to maintain constant comfort, air circulation and a healthy environment, as they are dealing not with inert raw material, but with live animals, which means that their health and productivity depend on biological and environmental needs.
In view of these issues, a radiant heating system makes it possible to meet the most diverse air-conditioning needs, thus keeping costs below the sustainability threshold.
- A high-performance radiant heating system is the ideal solution for animal farms where there is a need to maintain a comfortable temperature not only for the staff, but also to ensure the health and productivity of the reared animals
- The radiant elements related to the units that heat the whole premises make it possible to heat only the required areas, for example, at main-height or by directing heat in case of tall buildings
- Animal breeding facilities that do not require constant heating can have radiant appliances that run only when staff are present. These systems can be quickly activated and provide an immediate sensation of warmth.
- In terms of heat produced, radiant systems consume less energy than conventional technologies, thus reducing the operating costs of the facilities
- The absence of air stratification produced by other heating technologies makes it possible to avoid heat loss through the upper sections of a building. This usually happens in high areas
- On large farms where there may be considerable heat loss, radiation heating makes it possible to concentrate heat in useful areas without heating the air of the facilities, a process that would cause much heat to flow outside
- Radiant heating does not require ventilation and does not generate convective motion. This helps to avoid raising and suspending dust, keeping the air very clean and therefore healthy, both for the staff and livestock, preventing collateral costs linked to health problems
- By directly heating bodies and not the air, radiation makes it possible, with the same feeling of warmth, to keep ambient air fresher compared to other heating methods. This keeps areas more healthy and prevents air, for example, from becoming too dry
- Both for staff and animals, environmental noise is an important factor in the quality of life. Compared to forced air technologies, radiant installations contribute to maintaining the environment completely noise-free
- Radiation heating is usually present in nature, the same way as we feel the heat of the sun. The natural effects of this system, compared to hot air ventilation and other techniques, make it possible to provide a more comfortable and stress-free environment for animals, thus improving their overall state of health
- Nowadays, radiant heating, due to its reduced consumption and low emissions, is one of the most sustainable and eco-friendly technologies for air-conditioning in working and living areas. This makes it the ideal choice for areas highly dependent on a healthy environment, or for companies looking to exhibit a high environmental profile
- Fraccaro radiant heating systems are the most convenient and rational solution for large buildings, or those located in a number of areas, since the system can be run and planned via remote control and management
- Radiant heating systems are usually the most simple and require more rapid and less invasive installations. Maintenance operations are also reduced, with a minimum impact on the productivity of the facilities
- In particularly large or open spaces, and in areas with a harsh climate, radiant heating systems do not fear the frost, and offer greater safety against damage from the cold and, consequently, the need for repairs.